Monday, January 29, 2007

Girl's Big Weekend


By Dory
This past Friday Dad went to Arizona to visit his parents at their new house in Sun City West. Mom called it our “Girl’s Weekend” and we had a good time but boy do I miss Dad today. I think my BEST and WORST list says it all….


WORST things about Dad being away:

1. No “human” snacks – mom’s on a diet.
2. Mom gave me a BATH!!!
3. No Dad to play rough with me.
4. No Dad to cuddle on mom’s new sofa with.
5. No Dad to stay up late and watch TV with!
BEST things about Dad being away:

1. I get to sleep on the bed with Mom.
2. Mom spends lots of quality snuggle time with me.
3. When Mom goes out I get to as she calls it “Ride Shot Gun”.
4. We go more “Doggie Friendly” places like Petsmart .
5. Mom and I “shop” for fun new doggie toys and pretty collars on line!


The very Best thing is that Dad will be home tonight!!

4 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Time alone with just mom is soooooooo special but Dad is sorely missed! I'm glad he's coming home Dory!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Joe Stains said...

Hm, I wonder why your dad didn't stop to visit me?? I am not that far from sun city west. OK mom said we are like 30 minutes from there, but whatever. We are glad he is coming home so you can get some treats.

Tin Tin Blogdog said...

Dad's are great for the ole rough 'n' tumble.

None of this gentle touch crapola.

Chow for now,

Tin Tin xo

Anonymous said...

NOTHING beats Dory's Blog!!! Hello Dory, Liza and Chris from Edee Fuller and Family from Memphis, TN. Dory does look fabulous in red and she takes the best pictures...she's not shy about anything (including helping herself to any unclaimed pizza apparently...we have a beagle here that likes to take pork chops and run!). Happy New Year, Dory and Family!!!