Monday, June 11, 2007

Psst don't tell Mom....

Hi. Dory here and today's special guest typist is Dad. We were all so excited when the weather cleared out on Sunday and we could go fishing. The best part is that Mom caught the very first fish of striper season!! Go Mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She didn't want anyone to see her photo, but Dad I thought she looked just fine and we are proud of her. The fish wasn't a keeper - 26 inches long and just over six pounds - so he went back in the ocean.

Some once asked if we eat the fish and all I can say is - the humans do. We catch mostly Atlantic Striped Sea Bass and it is great on the grill. Once in a while I get a taste from Dad, but this is definitely people food. We just have to be sure that the fish are 28 inches or bigger and we can only catch to per human - which seems a little bit unfair, dogs can be anglers too. I could retrieve a fish if they would just let me.

Oh and dogs don't let your humans go out in the sun without sunscreen. Mom applied, but neglected to "re"apply and now she is a little overly pink!

Anyhow, thanks to Dad for the help and I hope everyone has a great week ahead!

16 comments:

wally said...

No fish for YOU! Totally unfair.

My apes make fun of me for wearing my heavy fur coat year round but I never turn pink like them!

wally.

Joe Stains said...

WOO congrats MOM!!! She looks great but the fish looks absolutely delicious!!!!!!!

Peanut said...

My mom says ouch and she feels sorry for you poor mom. That is a nice fish to bad you didn't get to keep it.

Boo Casanova said...

your mom looks fine to us. so liza, don't worry, we don't laugh at hooman's photos. but can't say the same about doggie's photos!

wet wet licks

Boo

Ruby Bleu said...

Wow...look at that fish! How cool is that. Your Mom looks so awesome...albeit a little pink! My Mom sunburns easily too. Too bad you had to throw him back. Maybe next time.

Have fun! Lots of Licks, Ruby

Ronin_The_Pug said...

Wooooooow! Goog job Liza's Mommy! Look at that fish! I think it is yumieee too, no?

Kerrio said...

Wot? No Fish for dogs? You need to tel your mum how GOOD fish is for dogy joints and coats (and tummies too if you eat it rather than roll in it).

Snogs from the Dogs

Kerrio & co.

Molly the Airedale said...

awwwwww what a shame that fishie couldn't be dinner! Mitch and I love fish - actually we'll eat just about anything! Your mom does look a wee bit sunburned Dory! ouch! that hurts!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Ferndoggle said...

Holy Fishy! That's a great picture of your Mom! Our Mom is sssoooooo jealous because she loves to fish.

Sherman

Lorenza said...

Hi, Dory.
Wow! Look at the size of that fish!! You mom did great! I hope that sunburn she got its not too painful!
Have a nice day
Lorenza

Sparky said...

Your mama sure is talented, catching that fish all by herself! I hope she has some aloe at home to take the sting out of that burn.

Ben & Darling said...

Wow, thats a big fish!!

Not fair, how come you got no fish??? You should ask for it Dory....

Aunty Liza, you look great & pink is good to you too. Mom always went for outdoor activities and she is not overly pink but tan or dark, I should say.

Gus said...

Dory and Dad...hope mom is feeling OK, we can post a bit of aloe from our garden if needed. And the fish, aaaah the fish...muzzer and dad love fish, and I do too. That one looks tasty now, but in a couple of months, yummy

Anonymous said...

Wow! We think that fish is bigger than us! But we'd still eat it. Humans are so funny about pictures. Dogmom doesn't like her photos either... maybe that's why she's always taking our pictures!

Wuf Ya - Gomer & Opie

Billy (YES Casanova!!!) said...

I'm not sure that I like fish but mom sure does! Mom is fair like your mom and trust me she puts LOTS of sunscreen because she burns. I feel bad for you mom, because my mom has been red like that before!

BIG hugs from Billy Boo:)

Lady Kaos said...

My Mom usually catches the first fish of the season, too! The fish Mom and Dad catch are itty bitty compared to the one your Mom is holding! Are you sure that fish was too small to keep? It's huge!
Mom and Dad are talking about going fishing this Saturday so maybe Mom will catch one and I'll show you the fish we catch around here.
Love,
Your Sorta Sis Kaos