Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super Tuesday




Dory has let me hijack the blog today and of course I am on my soapbox because today is very important. Today in Massachusetts and in many other states around the country - it is primary day. On my way to work this morning I stopped by the Senior Center and voted.

I saw an interview on TV a while back with a World War II veteran who said, "I fought for America, I fought for freedom and I fought so future generations can have the right to vote."

So be you Democrat, Independant or Republican - if you are in a "SUPER TUESDAY" state, please enjoy your freedom, honor our veterans, remember our founding fathers and take the time to vote.

8 comments:

Ruby Bleu said...

Hi Liza...Michele here...

Yes, I voted and you are right...no matter how you classify yourself what's really important is that you get out and vote!!!

Michele

Sophie Brador said...

Liza, I sure wish I could vote in your election, but we are all watching up here and crossing our fingers and paws. Hugs to Dory.

-Sherry

Sophie Brador said...

Hey! Thanks for nominating my picture. That was so sweet of you. I love your picture too! Mom is wondering why kind of camera you got.

xo
SB

Maggie & Mitch said...

Mom voted, in between packing and running errands! We all need to be heard!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Mango said...

Don't worry! I made sure Mom and Master voted early and often!

Mango

Gus said...

Mom voted, but they wouldn't let me into the polling place, so I had to wait in the car! Unfair! So I guess I will have to mail in my ballot for Butchy/Snickers, huh?

gussie

The Zoo Crew said...

We just wish they'd count votes from every one of the Zoo Crew!!!

Peace + Paws,

The Zoo Crew

The Latshaws said...

Amen, Liza!!!
I don't get to vote until MAY! But the way things are going, my vote actually might make a difference, even that late.

I have been following this really closely and I was looking forward to watching the endless coverage of the returns on Tuesday - and our power went out!!

Lenny's mom Kelley :)